Physical Activity Guidelines
Being physically active is one of the most important steps that person of all ages can take to improve their health. Regular physical activity can produce long-term health benefits.Childhood Obesity in USA, Diabetes Surgeon in USA, Obesity Surgery in USA, Obesity Surgeon in USA, Bariatric Surgery in USA, Bariatric Surgeon in USA, Laparoscopic Surgery in USA.
The Physical Activity Guidelines describes the major research findings on the health benefits of physical activity:
- Regular physical activity reduces the risk of many adverse health outcomes.
- Most health benefits occur with at least 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes) a week of moderate intensity physical activity, such as brisk walking. Additional benefits occur with more physical activity.
- Both aerobic (endurance) and muscle-strengthening (resistance) physical activity are beneficial.
- Health benefits occur for children and adolescents, young and middle-aged adults, older adults.
- The health benefits of physical activity occur for people with disabilities.
- The benefits of physical activity far outweigh the possibility of adverse outcomes.